Dates are very flexible; please get in touch for the next available date. We can run them midweek and at weekends.
What can I make?
In a 1 day workshop we have a little more time to be a touch more ambitious with our designs.
You may wish to create a microwave kiln jewellery set in the morning and a tea light or light catcher in the afternoon.
If you have a specific idea in mind let us know and we will advise if we can make it in the time allotted.
- Choose from 2 of the following to make on your workshop (this is not an exhaustive list);
- 2 x 10cm square coasters
- 2 x small light catchers (approx 10cm x 5cm)
- 1 curved tea light catcher
- 1 waved tea light catcher
- 1 small dish / bowl (approx 15cm x 15cm)
- Christmas decorations
- Jewellery set (e.g. pendant and earrings)
What will I learn?
- Cutting glass
- Designing a simple fused glass piece
- Assembling a fused glass piece for firing
- A variety of glass fusing techniques depending on your design
- Use of all tools and equipment in our glass studio
- All materials required to complete your piece
- Up to 2 firings in our specialist glass kiln
(Typically we will tack fuse or fully fuse your piece on one firing, then fire again if you wish to ‘slump’ the piece into a shape on a former)
- Tea, coffee and lots of biscuits freely available to fuel your creativity, plus a light lunch (we are a 5 star food hygiene rated catering venue)
- If you would like your glass artwork posting on to you there is an extra fee to cover postage