This 4 hour workshop half day session is very flexible when it is run. Please get in touch for the next available date as we run them on demand, midweek and at weekends. Note we typically have a 2 month lead time when booking your workshop date.
What will I make?
This depends on the size of your projects(s) and the speed at which you work. Most people will create 2 pieces on a half day workshop. If you decide on a lantern it will take you the whole workshop to design and create the four panels. Ideally, arrive at the workshop with your ideas ready to go. That way you can spend your time making glass rather than thinking about it. We are always happy to chat about your ideas prior the workshop and to make sure that what you want to make is feasible – give us a call.
What will I learn?
- Cutting glass
- Designing your glass pieces
- Assembling a fused glass piece for firing
- A variety of glass fusing techniques depending on your design
- Learn to cut glass
- Design several pieces (depending upon size and complexity)
- Use of all tools and equipment in our glass studio
- All materials required to complete your piece
- Firing in our specialist glass kilns
(Typically we will tack or fully fuse your piece on one firing)
- Tea, coffee and lots of biscuits freely available to fuel your creativity
- Pieces can be collected or posted for a small P&P fee