Dates are very flexible; please get in touch for the next available date. We can run them midweek and at weekends. Note we typically have a 2 month lead time when booking your workshop date.
What can I make?
We are not prescriptive in what you can make. So long as it fits in the kiln and can be made within the timeframe. In a 2 hour workshop we are fairly focused to get you cutting and making right from the start. The list below gives you an idea of what’s achievable in the time available. It’s quite surprising how much you can accomplish in 2 hours! If you have a specific idea in mind let us know and we will advise if we can make it in the time allotted.
- Choose from 1 of the following to make on your workshop (this is not an exhaustive list);
- 2 x 10cm square coasters
- 2 x small light catchers (approx 10cm x 5cm)
- 1 curved tea light catcher
- 1 waved tea light catcher
- 1 small dish / bowl (approx 15cm x 15cm)
- Christmas decorations
- Jewellery set (e.g. pendant and earrings)
What will I learn?
- Cutting glass
- Designing a simple fused glass piece
- Assembling a fused glass piece for firing
- Use of all tools and equipment in our glass studio
- All materials required to complete your piece
- Up to 2 firings in our specialist glass kiln
(Typically we will tack fuse or fully fuse your piece on one firing, then fire again if you wish to ‘slump’ the piece into a shape on a former)
- Tea, coffee and lots of biscuits freely available to fuel your creativity (we are a 5 star food hygiene rated catering venue too)
- If you would like your glass artwork posting on to you there is an extra fee to cover postage